View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Meyers Leonard will be an elite bigman in the NBA

Been watching him since Illinois offered him way back when. He has grown so much as a player. His freshman year consisted of a couple dunks around the basket, and that was about it. His offensive game has really gown since. He has great athleticism:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F64KxaaQGqU

He seemingly learned how to block shots as well, though he could still improve there. His freshman year he would just swat down at everything. I think he does a lot better learning to stay tall and keep his hands up now.

One thing he needs work on is getting into his move once he gets the ball in the post and learning when to pass out and when not to. Sometimes he just holds and looks for a highlight pass for so long, he just gets ripped or doubled and turns it over. He's a good passer, just needs to recognize when he has to score and when to get rid of it. He needs to catch and go into his move quicker.

I think he could have been a lock to be a top 5 pick with one more season in college, but I definitely understand his decision to go.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote