View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #41
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: DraftExpress: Okafor & Arizona traded for Rashard Lewis & #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
You gotta keep your capspace in case someone there develops. Obviously Wall probably won't. But Crawford really turned it up towards the end of last season.

Now you're just overpaying not one, not two, but three!!! bigs. And only one you can amnesty and he only makes 6 million a year I think. Then you've got Ariza, who you can probably flip for someone good. But it makes no sense.

You're stuck with 4 more Nene years, 2 more Emeka years. and 3 more Blatche years. tell me how that's good? And what experience they have? Emeka? made the playoffs twice. Nene? sure he made it every year but made it only once past the first round. And blatche sucks in every facet. It's not like they're even good veterans. You're paying these guys between 30-40 million over the next two years!!!!!!
Its too late to rule out Wall improving with a new, better cast of teammates around him. But they wont have any problem retaining Crawford when the time comes, but as far as them getting someone on the open market I dont really have faith in that.

Washington has never really been attractive to Free Agents, mainly due to poor management & them not being contenders. Its a smart move to see how far John Wall can take this group because his development is at the heart of this decision. If they're a Playoff team in another couple of years when they do have some cap space then they will be able to attract a legit Free Agent to join John Wall.

Basically, a calculated risk.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote