View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #179
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I say it takes both. Im not the best at picking who will be good, but I usually can tell the ones who definitely wont. The one guy who I ccompletely underestimated is Kevin Love.

And that's not even something to use against yourself. It seems like most people thought Kevin Love wouldn't amount to much in this league.

The thing with prospects too is it takes the right situation. Who's to say Kevin Love is as successful if he's drafted somewhere else? The coaching staff and management are huge when it comes to the development of young players.

You got the wrong coach behind a guy in any situation and it can go down as a waisted opportunity. One recent example I could think of just in the Knicks organization was Anthony Randolph. The David Lee for AR, Azabuike and Turiaf deal sounded great at the time and in large part because of Randolph's potential. Unfortunetly he came to one of the worst coaching situations in the league and it didn't pan out.

It's hard to call whether a player will be good or not until after seeing where he will go and how he fits in that teams situation.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote