View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #42
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Lakers Want Back In First Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
there you go, Checkmate. That alone makes any Howard to Houston talk silly EDIT: unless the back isn't as bad as it was made out to be, which is always a possibility.

Honestly I think Pau will be a Laker next year barring something huge. Front Office knows his value on the court so any move for him is going to be big. it's won't be a role player or two it'll be a like level player or something like a great first round pick, something they can't get any other way and they won't repeat the rumor mill from last season, they'll get it done before the season starts or they'll make it clear he's a Laker.

It would be really interesting to see us surround Kobe, Pau and Bynum with the right roll players and bench. Getting rid of MWP, adding a 3 like Ariza ( I know I have an Ariza fetish). But we need a 3 with guard like quicks if we are going to have 2 7 footers inside. MWP is too slow, too big, and makes our frontcourt slowness much more pronounced. If we could somehow shed Metta, and Blake and McBob, then replace them with the likes of Ariza, Sessions and Hill, add a bench scorer like Beasley, then a starting PG like Mo Williams, we'd be pretty tough to beat.
No tools to make it happen thogh.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote