View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #54
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers Want Back In First Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
you made me squirt milk out my nose.

And you're right the Lakers could go into full salary dump mode and let Gasol go for peanuts. I don't see it happening, but then through all this is the unknown of the new CBA and it's real life ramifications. We think we know what the Lakers might thinking but it's all based on Laker moves from the past. We've never seen them with this much baggage hanging over them and this many constraints on their business.

For some reason, much like the 07-08 off-season, I feel there might be a division amongst management.

We got Jim saying dont expect major moves, Mitch talking about pursuing trades to help this team....and whatever.

One thing is for sure, and it sounds like the team still wants to compete.

The question is, relatively speaking, how much do we need to actually compete? The thunder have an issue and that is to figure out how they can keep both, harden and Iblocka. They might have to let one go.

The Miami Heat are also a tax team with 3 max contracts. What could they possibly do to improve? They also might have to let a couple of guys go.

In the end of the day, we might be seeing every team let a crucial piece walk, because of the new rules. We might give up Pau for nothin, and still be a top team if every other team had to make sacrifices as well.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote