View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 01:54 AM   #9
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: So, will Kentucky dominate college ball for the foreseeable future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
that guy in your avatar will be cutting down some nets in UK blue

Why so passive aggressive?

I wouldn't doubt it since, from everything I have heard, it's down between Florida State and Kentucky. Florida State just seems out of place, even if his parents went there and he and his family are real right with Coach Hamilton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I agree with this, for the most part. I think you're selling Kentucky (and UNC and Kansas) a little short saying they're a Sweet 16 contender every year. Teams like Ohio State, Syracuse, and Michigan State are Sweet 16 contenders most years. UNC, Kentucky, and Kansas are Elite 8/Final 4 threats almost every season.

Almost every season, sure. Every season which is what I was getting after.

A F4 contender every year is, imo, a legitimate National Championship contender every year.

UNC (with Roy): 2005, 2008, 2009, and 2012 were his possible championship years. That's 4 of his 9 seasons as the Tar Heels head coach.

KU (with Self): 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012 were his possible championship years. That's also 4 of the 9 years. And frankly, I didn't think last year was a possible year until they found themselves in the National Championship game.

UK (with Cal): 2010, 2011, and 2012 were his possible championship years. That's all 3 of his years so he could technically be in that F4 threat every year conversation. Although you have to take it with a grain of salt when you are comparing 3 years to 9 years for the other two coaches, considering how quickly the landscape in college basketball can, and often does, change.

And let's do Duke in the last 9 years just because they are often thrown in the top tier group.

DU (with K - last 9 seasons): 2004, 2006, 2010 were his possible championship years. You could argue 2011 if Irving didn't get injured. But you could also do something similar for other teams, so we won't.

So most of the team didn't even reach half, unless you disagree with me on the potential championship years. IMO, that's not a high enough percentage to put them in a consistent Final Four team year in and year out.

Also, Syracuse does not belong in the Izzo and Matta group...
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote