View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers interested in Calderon if they sign Nash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Yeah well he's never played a lick of D in his life

I'll point out the difference here. As you mentioned he doesn't really play D. He barely even attacks the basket aggressively. He can get in the paint in a very finesse way, he takes the jump shot, he makes the great pass, he throws up a nice layup. Offensively he doesn't have to play that physical. He does damage without getting touched.

Karl Malone on the other hand was in the paint wrestling huge guys. Taking a physical beating, and giving them to others as well (never hard to forget vintage karl lol). It showed especially in the playoffs, after the physicality was increased, that at that age he couldn't hang. He was 40 that year right?

Well Nash and Garnett still have a couple of OK years left they can give. I really think keeping KG for that long, and that much was a mistake. Can't really comment on Nash because we have yet to see how that whole situation plays out with him.

But back to my initial point. I do see what you mean, but im just saying the money he is reportedly being offered is because of relativity and not necessarily what his value really is.

I guess this is what teams and players who don't care about winning, I just don't get that mentality.......so if all they are looking to do is get people in the stands and if all he cares about is the money....ok for them then, they will both be very happy.
I still don't respect that from a team or individual.

LF, I'm telling you that it's not about any amount of contact, sh!t happens as you approach 40 just out of the blue......playing a pro sport only makes it worse.

Last edited by DKLaker : 07-02-2012 at 03:42 PM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote