View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #15
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Lakers should ask for Royce White instead of Scola in Houston Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Playing hard and producing are two totally different things. If you're a coach, you should understand. A guy can wave his hands back and forth on defense, make a lot of noise while guarding a player, but still gets scored on. That's called fake hustle.

Scola put up 15pts/6rbs last season in 30 minutes last season. That's pathetic for a power forward.

I don't care how "hard" it looks like he's playing. Scola is a horrible defender, rebounder and outside of a good 18ft jumper and awful reputation of being a flopper, he's got nothing to offer this team. Then you consider his large contract, and that should explain why the deal with Houston was never done. The Lakers will NOT take back Scola in any deal involving Gasol.

I completely disagree, I've been watching Scola play, he makes things happen and that is not always reflected by stats......there is no fake hustle in his game. His contract is not large for a starter.....Odom made almost that much as a bench player. We'd be idiots to trade Pau and not get a replacement in the deal plus get the other pieces we need....no brainer, Starting PG in Lowery, Starting PF in Scola, Hot bench scorer who can fill in in other spots in Martin........I haven't seen a better deal yet for Pau and I don't think we will........we need more than any 1 guy!!!!
This is not rocket science. I love how YOU imagine why Houston deal wasn't done, no one ever said a bit of that stuff, but good imagination

It wasn't done because we, just like NJ/Brooklyn are still jerking it over DWill and Howard.....just wasting our time for the 2nd year in a row.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote