View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #18
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers should ask for Royce White instead of Scola in Houston Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I completely disagree, I've been watching Scola play, he makes things happen and that is not always reflected by stats......there is no fake hustle in his game. His contract is not large for a starter.....Odom made almost that much as a bench player. We'd be idiots to trade Pau and not get a replacement in the deal plus get the other pieces we need....no brainer, Starting PG in Lowery, Starting PF in Scola, Hot bench scorer who can fill in in other spots in Martin........I haven't seen a better deal yet for Pau and I don't think we will........we need more than any 1 guy!!!!
This is not rocket science. I love how YOU imagine why Houston deal wasn't done, no one ever said a bit of that stuff, but good imagination

It wasn't done because we, just like NJ/Brooklyn are still jerking it over DWill and Howard.....just wasting our time for the 2nd year in a row.

That doesn't even make any sense. The Nets and Magic don't want Gasol. Gasol being moved or not is independent of Deron Williams or Dwight Howard.

Bynum is the main trading chip in any Dwight Howard trade. Deron Williams isn't coming to LA because NJ doesn't want anything from us.

Scola's contract is something LA wouldn't be willing to take back as they approach the new CBA. It just doesn't make any sense for a team that's trying to win and cut salary.

You are really overrating Scola. He's nothing more than European Antawn Jamison, and he's getting worse every year.

We need a young player like Royce White to compete against the likes of the Thunder and Miami Heat. We need guys that can move quick laterally on defense and White is a very good young prospect. If you haven't seen this guy, watch these videos:

Offense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sps0J1jgses
Defense/Passing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrzVBDoneZI

This guy is basically a right handed Lamar Odom in Lebron's body.

Let's pretend like this team wouldn't be scary good?

PG: Lowry | Sessions | Morris
SG: Bryant | Martin | Goudelock
SF: Peace | Ebanks | Barnes
PF: White | Beasley | McRoberts
C: Bynum | Hill | McRoberts

Now you tell me, why the hell would they need Scola with that roster?
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote