View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: jason kidd a knick

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Bringing Kidd in is a good move.

A great move would be trading amare or amare and Lin (if it's possible to s&t Lin to a team other than Houston) for Kidd + Jared Cunningham- IF that would leave the cap space to sign illyasova or Ryan Anderson plus a big and a gaurd

Kidd/Cunningham/randy foye/(Shumpert)
Jr smith
Carmelo/Novak
RyanAnderson or illyasova/ j Jeffries
Chandler/Camby or krstic.

Would the money be there to sign Anderson/illyasova for 10m ish and foye/Camby? You already know that would make a better team

No one is gonna touch Amare awful contract, but then again i thought Joe Johnson wouldn't move either.

Trading Amare doesn't really open up any noteworthy cap space...at the most 5-6 mil.

Right now we have roughly a 65 million payroll, and about 10 million in cap holds.

Taking 20 mil for Amare off that, and the team still will be sitting at 55 mil, 3 mil under the cap.

I like the guys you mentioned, but there just no way.

I will say one thing about sign and trades, they are about to be a thing of the past.

I forget which season it kicks in, possibly the 13-14 season, there will be no more sign and trades, so team will have to have cap space or exceptions to sign free agents.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote