View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Post your Goals for the Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_lake2802
1. How tall are you Rake??

2. The Shammgod for its very effective for me when you don't over-emphasized the move. Plenty of times guys try it on me and i can just tell when the move it because of how hard the try to sell it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ROpDutT2E 0:37 mark. This to me is the perfect way to do it.
1. I'm 6'3''. To be clear, I still think I have a bit of work to do before I can pull that dunk off and make it look neat. It's quite rough right now.

2. I'm in agreement with you on that one and I think that's what I've been trying to avoid. I pulled it off against unfamiliar competition a few weeks ago in nearly the exact set of circumstances Pushxx mentioned (on the move, approaching the 3pt. line, left to right) and it came across as a normal move, as opposed to some kind of drawn out show maneuver. I kind of liked the results I experienced there.

On the flip side, I was playing one-on-one with my younger brother (real one-on-one, not goofing around) and when it came to game point, I decided to create some space then approach and attempt. The move had virtually no effect. So clearly, it's still a work in progress for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
Great example of it. It's much better when you are already driving. From the standstill dribble it's worthless unless you are an elite ballhandler.

I've used it on the break as I get to the 3-PT line and I have my defender backing up. I'm driving hard left , my defender is already slightly opened up, Shammgod across his left front foot, finish at the rim with my right. It works purely because your defender isn't expecting it. If you are doing it on the move, it's a lot easier to get your defender to bite at all.
Totally with you there. The scenario you mentioned is exactly how I use it. I'm not much interested in the And1, gamebreaker form of the move. Rather, I think it can be used in a legit manner during a secondary fast break, as well as during other natural game moments.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 07-17-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote