View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: Bulls FO making Orlando's look like geniuses.

It's really two-sided. Sure we'd like for our front office to be more aggressive. Or have DRose or whoever else be active recruiting, but the prospective player still has to decide to want to come here. To be a part of the organization, to be coached by our staff, to live in Chicago, etc.

For all we know the front office could be very active and Derrick could be a great recruiter and other players still decide to play elsewhere. Who knows what actually happens.

No one knows for sure. But what we do know is that if we don't make financially responsible decisions now then it will prohibit the financial flexibility we'll need to sign an impactful player to pair with Rose and whoever else we decide to keep as our core. That's why I don't understand people complaining about this current off seasons moves. They are necessary.

Let's say if DRose was going into next season healthy this current team is just as good if not better than last year's squad and at a fraction of the cost.

Watson, Brewer, Korver, Lucas and Asik would have cost roughly $18 million. (correct me if i'm wrong)

We got Hinrich, (seems like were getting Bellinelli), Teague, Mohammed to fill their spots for roughly $8-9 million.

That equates to about half the price for guys that will be able to contribute just as much as the others.

Hinrich and Teague > Watson and Lucas

Bellinelli = Korver

Mohammed < Asik

Butler = Brewer

Our bench this year will be fine and i'd rather pay these guys their salaries opposed to the salaries we'd have to pay last year's bench mob.

The bench mob will be missed but let's look at the bigger picture here.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote