View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #43
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Curtis Mayfield is the greatest songwriter ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Marie was cool, I didn't care for that wedding song and this one is alright.

Dude, he not only left her, he took her wedding dress too and gave it to another woman!

Marie was the only Townes song of the three I posted. Best song about poverty that I know.

However, $1000 wedding is a masterpiece.

In terms of greatest songwriters, I think Chuck Berry is vastly underrated. Very, very few have matched words to melody better. His lyrics just swing. Memphis, Tennesee . What pop song tops that?

Also, if you're going to be the greatest, you're going to have to go up against Hank Williams and that's a tough row to hoe. Here's Al Green covering him
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote