View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #26
Alan Shore
I airball my layups

Default Re: Where do we stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Anyone who disputes your last statement is a fool. I think everyone can agree on that part. But I see that and raise you 2 more important factors. I think Tyson and Amare meshing is an even more difficult conundrum. And I think our contributions from the sg position, while Shumpert is out, is key. If Brewer and JR can just give us something. Doesn't have to be great.

As for your evaluations,

Bulls-I'm curious as to why you don't think the Bulls will take a significant step back. I'll admit, I expect them to overachieve because of their great coaching. 2nd seed though? They not only lost CJ but they lost JL III. So essentially, they lost their 1st, 2nd AND 3rd string pg from last year. You have faith in Marquis Teague like that? I just don't know where the scoring will come from.

Pacers- DJ won't be starting. Hill will be, but DJ is a solid backup. I agree here

Orlando- I think they played well despite the drama simply because Howard played with pride and because Stan Van Gundy is a strong defensive mind. He's gone and I just to see a rookie head coach holding all that ego together... even if he's from a Popovich pedigree. I find it hard to believe Dwight finishes the season in a Magic uniform and lets face it, that team without him is basically the Hornets.

Hawks- I agree they're playoff bound but I think getting Devin Harris was a bad move for the development of Jeff Teague. I never liked Danny Ferry as a GM.He's the same guy who passed on getting Amare in his prime because he didn't want to trade JJ Hickson.

Bucks- As I said before, the key to their team relies on what they get from either Henson (thus being able to move Ilyasova to the 3) or Harris (thus having a strong SF to help Ilyasova who is slender in build)

Overall though, I agree with most of your assessments

never mind the stat and ty meshing-- it's a red herring. neither are playmakers.

how soon stat is moved to the bench will be the key. nothing else will work.
Alan Shore is offline   Reply With Quote