View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #29
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 26 years old and want to get into basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
An additional note I find to be important regarding getting into the game of basketball: when playing five-on-five games (or four-on-four, or three-on-three) attempt to do the things that require effort. Many inexperienced folks base the level of their play upon how many shots they were able to take. I think you'll be able to experience more success early on by concentrating on the things that may come easier to you at this time: boxing out, setting screens, establishing position for rebounds, never giving up on a play, etc. From that point, the glamour of the game will unfold itself naturally over time.

I don't know what things such as boxing out and setting screens mean. See, that is how much of a novice I am....
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote