View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #12
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Tips on protecting the ball(especially when going up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Thanks for the advice guys. Also, is there a counter move to the eurostep like if it gets too predictable for the defender? The only moves I really use in transition are pausing at the free throw then changing speed & finishing, spinning of the defender for a lay in the middle of the lane, and the eurostep.

Watch some tapes of Hakeem. Even in transition, fakes can be incredibly useful. Admittedly, I'm not that used to taking contact when going up yet, so it helps to know how to fake. I had a 1-on-2 before and I was leaning into one defender form the left. Spun to the middle into both of them, faked the shot, both bit, stepped through, boom. I think one thing to note here though is that your fakes and shots have to go from one side to the other. Try to fake right and step through still on the right would most likely lead into a harder shot to put up.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote