View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #303
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
The claim is he could do it in 3 steps, within the free throw circle area. Which is impossible.

There are claims that Bruce Lee, a 135lbs man could hold a 120lbs dumbbell in front of himself inline with the ground for 10 seconds. There are eyewitnesses, etc. I really couldn't care if 15 people say they saw it, I still wouldn't believe it. Why? Because its not possible. You have the strongest men of today who can't do it. Same logic applies to Wilt. Wilt isn't far and away better than every athlete that's ever stepped foot on the planet, and yet we have no one close that can dunk from the free throw line with 3 steps, all inside the free throw circle.

Its common sense. Nearly everything back then was romanticized to extremes and made out to seem legendary to beyond belief. If they toned it down slightly, we may even believe it today. Though they went too far with it.
Taking three steps and dunking from the stripe? I knew jlauber was full of shit but it seems like the pile is big enough for the rest of the flies to feed on
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote