View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #308
jongib369
National High School Star

jongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Originally Posted by Owl
I'm too not sure that I'd endorse Wilt's character with regard to honesty. And I haven't read through the whole thread, but in "Wilt: Just another ..." his first book (his autobigography, written at the end of his career, rather than his later books which were more opinion/musing based and which included claims of 50" vertical and 20,000 women) he claims to have run up from around center court (could dig up the quote if anyone really cares) for his free throw dunks. No mention of 3 steps (which I don't personally believe, but Wilt did have very long lengs so would cover greater disances in fewer strides). I tend to doubt 3 strides and don't know whether or not he was breaking the plane of the ft line (as I vaguely seem to recall Dr J doing for his free throw line dunk), to me it's not really that relevant. Wilt was a tremendous athlete and anyone who thinks he was only good because he was playing in an predominantly white league doesn't know their history.

if you have the time, checkout a few highlights I made and let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEGabY6DMMw
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote