View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #23
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Tips on protecting the ball(especially when going up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
If there are multiple defenders when I do the behind the back gather should I come to a jump stop, or go up in one motion?
As others have said, it's not a move made to weave through a bevy of defenders. It's a one-on-one transition move meant to counter a streaking defender looking to strip, reach, foul, or extremely force you to one side of the hoop. It's certainly not a move one can plan out 8 dribbles in advance (so no "I think I'll come down and try the behind-the-back" situations). It's just a counter to have in the back pocket. And in those cases, since I'm on the run in transition, I do not stop en route to the hoop. It's more or less a layup gather, but on the other side of your body.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote