View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #1097
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Magic trade Dwight Howard to Lakers in 4-team deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Jamison could very well average 15. Yes the Lakers are stacked with scorers, but they also have a guy named Steve Nash passing them the ball.

I think so too. It's not just that he's good, but that he's the *type* of good you want... a type of good that doesn't need touches or a lot of dribbling.

And as for his defense... I've watched Jamison a lot and no, he's not a good defender. But to say he displays "no effort" is unfair and untrue. He's just not good. He is too slow laterally to stay with SFs and too small and unathletic and his arms aren't long enough to guard PFs. He's an excellent rebounder though. He'll draw a charge here and there.

I don't think he's bad enough that he will cost his team, in other words. The Lakers will have trouble on defense, but not because of just Jamison; it'll be because they lost Bynum and added Nash... and Jamison. But if they put the effort in (they have the coach for it) they'll be good enough.

Thing is, he can also go totally off on offense and have 25/10+ games regularly, so if Pau is off or w/e they have some added offensive depth.

Also, given his ability to play off the dribble and stretch the floor some, I see him working very well next to Dwight. He's also high-IQ and a good passer. Look for lots of assists from 'Tawn to Dwight.

Last edited by FatComputerNerd : 08-13-2012 at 01:25 PM.
FatComputerNerd is online now   Reply With Quote