View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #25
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers still need shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Wouldn't it be better just to let his contract expire after the 2014 season? I think this team is a 2 year plan. Anything after that is possible because maybe Pau will re-sign for a huge discount? Who knows, but can the regular season start like now.

If they kept Pau wouldn't he end up costing them more than 30 million (once you figure in the luxury tax) next season? I think that's a big reason they will think really hard about not just letting him expire. I think they'll try pretty hard to move him to a team with cap space that can absorb the contract and possibly take back some draft picks. It's not that they won't want him around. I think the financial aspect of it will come into play.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote