View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #11230
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

The Iron Giant: 8.5/10- I watched this with the kids at work today. I took a risk and put on a movie that I liked instead of one I thought they might focus in to.

And boy was it the right move. Not only because I got to enjoy this gem again, but also because they got sucked in harder than any other movie we've ever watched.

This movie was brilliant. Part sci-fi thriller, part atomic age satire, part anti-violence, part heart warming boy and friend story.

Everything, from it's interesting art style, to it's heart tugging moments such as the one in white: I played a game in my head where I guesses how many of my students would cry when the Giant flies off to save the town by blowing up the bomb and says: "Suuuperman" as he does it and then closes his eyes. I guessed 5. I was way short. This movie is truly, imo, a great film.

I need to find this for my own collection. Really it's a movie I will show my own kids, and my grand kids.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend you do, and if you haven't seen it in a while you should dig it out and pop it in and get ready to remember why you fell in love with it the first time.

You a teacher, Timmy D? If yeah, then respect levels just got way up, man. Imma keep in this in mind when I finally get into the classroom in a couple of years.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote