View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 02:03 AM   #5
bizil
National High School Star

bizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Lebron is NOT more skilled than Jordan (who isn't even the most skilled player ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical-24
LeBron may be nearly as talented and definitely as physically gifted as MJ (if not more), but skilled? Come on, and that's not a stab at LeBron but as far as overall skillset...LeBron is clearly inferior. Maybe down the road LeBron may have a case for GOAT, he's one of the most complete, well rounded, and productive players our league has ever seen. But at this point, LeBrons offensive game relies more on sheer athleticism, size and brute force than anything else aside from his great passing abilitity and playmaking.

And I'll agree, while I believe MJ is the greatest, I also don't believe he's the most "skilled". Kobe has a case for being more skilled than Michael even though he is not as good as him
overall.

I agree! Lebron scoring skillset is what holds him back some in the skill for skill argument. Sure he's a great scorer, but when u break down his scoring skillset, he's only truly great at finishing in transition and slashing to the rack. When u look at MJ's scoring skillset, he was a great slasher, great transition finisher, great postup guy, great midrange game, and had flawless footwork. The same can be said about Kobe as well. Now in terms of being a great passer, great rebounder, great defender,and great scorer all in one, Lebron is as good as any SF ever. It's just the scoring skillset that's not as varied.

In terms or being great or dominant, u don't have to be great at all technical facets of the game. It's about dominance and results. And Bron can stuff a stat sheet and provide versatility damn near unparalled in NBA history!
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote