View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #56
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Basketball coaching discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachrb
I think it is always a good thing when coaches share ideas and philosophies about coaching basketball.

My background is in NCAA Division I men's basketball as a head and assistant coach at 7 different universities.

My business, CoachRB.com, provides extensive resources, advice, articles, video, and my experiences to help serious coaches improve their craft.

Feel free to post any questions that I may be able to help you with.

Also, access my web site, http://coachrb.com
thanks,
Randy Brown
CoachRB

Thanks, coachRB. I agree. It is always a good idea when coaches are sharing ideas and philosophies about coaching basketball. It helps knowing that someone has covered some ground before you so you can bounce ideas around and grow. Also thanks for letting us pick your brian and allowing us to seek advice.

Quick question(s) 1). What is the best way to deal with fans and parents unrealistic expectations for the team and the parents child's playing time? Fans seem to think that we are going to go 20-0 every season, which would be nice if we had the talent. Some parents want their child to play 32 minutes ( I coach high school JV girls baskebtall) when they can barely play 2-3 minutes. What is the trick to dealing with these unrealistic expectations?

My 2nd question (and this is open to anyone) deals with rebounding. What drills can I use to help my players improve their rebounding, getting thougher in the paint, and remembering to blockout when going for rebounds?

Thanks again.

Last edited by JellyBean : 08-23-2012 at 12:47 AM.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote