View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #300
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Fair points.

I would just have preferred this game to happen a couple of years down the line. But, I guess Hoke has his reasons. He knew what he was up against and what he had to work with, yet he chose to schedule the game anyway. Maybe that game will be used as a template to show current and future players where they need to be in order to compete with the best?

I'm not saying it was a devastating blow to the program or anything, but I also feel like people know the program is still rebuilding and that it is going to take time... We didn't need to see that fact exposed against a team like that.

Whatever... maybe it will pay dividends later on. I hope you're right.

They are heading in the right direction. I think it bodes well that even knowing his team didn't stack up he still scheduled it. Good measuring stick for the program. He has been bring in some damn good recruits. I also think that with Denard gone and the offense back to a true Michigan style offense of a good pocket passer with mobility in the pocket, good running game, wide receivers who know they have a more accurate/polished qb and solid defense they will be a formidable team in the next 2-5 years competing for BIG 10 and national titles. Nothing worse than coaches who just face directional schools until conference season.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote