View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #29
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I want to buy a kickass gaming desktop under 2k

My main rig is old but still sufficient.

Gigabyte ep45-UD3l
q9550 (still fast enough)
gtx 285 (still fast enough, but no dx11)
8 GIGS DDRII @ 1066 Corsair Dominator
Corsair HX 650w PSU
-No SSD, just a 7200 rpm SATA II HDD
-No USB3

I have a nice Zalman cooler on the q9550 and have it clocked around 3.8 w/ low temps.

I know eventually I will need to upgrade but waiting to see what prices do w/ this Ivy Bridge release, and this still runs any game I've thrown at it at highest settings.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote