View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #1385
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
So what do you think has been the cause of this downfall? Lack of versatility as a runner?

On another note, I missed out on some of my priorities on waivers with Hawkins and McCluster (would've helped with the RB/WR qualification, I lack depth at RB unless Mendenhall returns with a vengeance). Lafell as the next best pickup, how is he projected to do for the year?
I think it's a perfect storm of things as to why CJ4yards has fallen off a cliff. One thing that can't be overlooked is he got paid and doesn't seem to care about being a great player anymore. Every single time he gets a carry he's looking to bounce it outside and score. He has some of the worst instincts as a runner as I've ever seen from a supposed elite RB. As you alluded to he has zero versatility as a runner strictly going for the home run. Defenses are full prepared for that and I think it's been over 2 years since he's any success against a 3-4 defense. He got paid and checked out as well. He got used too much early and declined (not drastically but isn't as fast), etc etc etc.

I like Lafell too he should be the 3rd option in an explosive offense.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote