View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #1928
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I don't see any other reason for him to be fighting Bonnar. Bonnar isn't even close to Henderson or Sonnen and Silva is moving up weight class to face him. Why wouldn't they find a better fighter otherwise?

the MW division is thin and so much of the roster is injured. there's not many more opponents left for him. it's a pretty craptacular fight but what are you gonna do? i'd much rather see weidman vs silva, but weidman already has a fight scheduled. i believe this has more to do with not having a read opponent for silva than trying to 'prime' him for LHW. he's fought LHW guys before...better than bonnar as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Silva would be the underdog vs. Jones but don't forget the legacy he has as arguably the greatest fighter of all time. Even if the fight isn't what we'd hope it to be it'd be the most-watched fight UFC could possibly make.

and he'd have so much to lose. dana can't force fighters to fight...he even said so himself. would it be a unification title fight? silva could possibly lose his first fight in ufc. there's something about protecting that part of his legacy as well. neither of those guys have interest in fighting each other.
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote