View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #493
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
And people wonder why UNC football fans are insane, self loathing, optimistic pessimists.

Blocked punt, td on the next play, and the 29 point lead is 11. UNC football in a nutshell. They pull you in, make you buy into the hype, then kick you in the balls. Just before you fall, they grab your hand and the process starts over again. It's been like that for I don't know. A century.

You pretty much just perfectly summed up Arkansas football and their fans, too.

Not today, obviously, but over the years. And when we finally do get a coach that can take us to or near the top, he goes and has an affair with a girl half his age, gives her a job working for him, and takes her for a ride on his motorcycle, and it's all over. For four brief years Arkansas had one of the top 5-7 coaches in the country. They were being teased with the prospect of being among the nation's elite for the next 7-10 years (or however long Petrino coached before he called it quits) and it was gone in the blink of an eye. My dad and grandpa always told me Arkansas was pretty good and nationally relevant in the 60s and 70s, and for a brief time in the 80s, but I'm 25. My entire life has been Danny Ford and Houston Nutt. Finally get to experience what they experienced growing up and it lasts a shorter time than it took me to type this post.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote