View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Third-Person Action/Adventure/Shooters??

A few comments in response to a few threads above me:

- Yeah Thorpe, it seems like we come from the same grain in terms of action gaming.... the fact that you like Tomb Raider and RE, where the original games focused pretty heavily on puzzle-solving, makes me want to take your advice on the Portal series.

- Also, I guess I never really tried the multi-player portion of the Uncharted series. I just changed from XBox to PS3 about a month ago, and when I upgraded I bought Uncharted 2. After hearing so much hype about its total package, I had to give it a try so I bought it used. I'm halfway through the game and am in awe of how seamlessly it blends high-octane action with a follow-able story. With that being said, I stopped midway through the game because frankly its boring and repetitive. Thats what separates a linear, aesthetic-focused games of today like Uncharted from open-world, story-driven, engine-driven games like Fallout and Assassins Creed

- Maybe with the integration of open worlds these days, it seems as though games like Assassins Creed, Fallout, Grand Theft Auto, Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, etc, do a better job of keeping me interested unlike Uncharted and Resident Evil 5 (which was dissapointingly linear unlike the originals).

- I've tried my best to convince myself to get into the Mass Effect series.... but I don't want to go backwards to an old game (ME-1), I've heard such mass disappointment about ME-3, and the story and character building just doesn't seem to strike me as my style.

- I love Fallout 3 and New Vegas.... but I RedBoxed Skyrim for a few days, gave it a serious try, and didn't like it AT ALL. Guns and a reasonable sense of realism >>>> Spells, Bows/Arrows, fantasy land. Simply my opinion.

- Sleeping Dogs is mildly intriguing, but with 2k13, RE3, and AC3, all coming out in the next 6 weeks, I don't necessarily want to spend $60 and invest time into what will become a fourth-string game.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote