View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Best and worst case -

I think the worst case has a higher probability but then I predicted my Raps in 10th place in the east...

I only predicted 25 - 32 wins....

----

Best: Jonas Transforms the Team; Playoff Push

Hope is potent in Toronto these days, but there are a lot of questions surrounding that hope. Jonas Valanciunas is coming to town, and if he's as good a player as everyone says he is, then we could see a transformation on the horizon.
With Valanciunas at center, suddenly Andrea Bargnani can bump down to power forward and play a more natural position, leading to the entire team being more comfortable in their role. Combine that with Kyle Lowry coming to town, and you've got a team that could make the playoffs with the Eastern Conference only going six teams deep.

Worst: Toronto Flops; Another Miss on High Lottery Pick

Toronto is Toronto, however, and good things rarely seem to happen north of the border in the NBA.
In all likelihood, Valanciunas is going to come in and show some promise, but he'll have trouble adjusting to the NBA game. The team won't click right away, and the Raptors are going to have some growing pains to deal with.
From there, it's better if they just have another bad season, but if they should somehow come together and end up in ninth or 10th in the East, that's the worst possible case for the Raptors, particularly since the Rockets get their first-rounder unless it's in the top three or Toronto makes the postseason.

Prediction 37 wins !!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...season/page/29
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote