View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #24
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Default Re: Write it Down: The Fix is In, Tebow to start vs. Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The problem with Tebow is the team has to be built in this certain way that leaves practically zero room for error. When you build a team,the thought is to build a team that gives you the best chance to win, not build a team that has to win 10-9 every game and then maybe get lucky, in order to fit a QB who can hit about 40% of his passes. And if Young, Gruden, etc. are to be believed, he's not working on redesigning his throwing motion any more, he's jsut trying to get better with the way he throws now, which to me seems unlikely at best.

Doesn't make sense to me. That run with Denver was fun as hell but a bunch of lucky things happened (the bears game stands out) and he actually lost the game they needed to get into the playoffs and backed in.
We have yet to see what a team built around Tebow would look like to be saying this. If you're entering the season as the #2 QB they aren't building the roster with you in mind. The Jets weren't built with any QB in mind, maybe not even offense. They don't have a line and fail both protecting the pass as well as blocking for the run, and then they don't have stud RBs or a real receiver corp. That's how you form a unit that scores 0. They're really just set up to fail but if any thought went into bringing in Tebow it wasn't to get a new punt protector (I'm sure he's making a massive difference on special teams ) it was that if he replaces Sanchez he can lead clutch drives if the D keeps it close.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote