View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #25
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Write it Down: The Fix is In, Tebow to start vs. Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
We have yet to see what a team built around Tebow would look like to be saying this. If you're entering the season as the #2 QB they aren't building the roster with you in mind. The Jets weren't built with any QB in mind, maybe not even offense. They don't have a line and fail both protecting the pass as well as blocking for the run, and then they don't have stud RBs or a real receiver corp. That's how you form a unit that scores 0. They're really just set up to fail but if any thought went into bringing in Tebow it wasn't to get a new punt protector (I'm sure he's making a massive difference on special teams ) it was that if he replaces Sanchez he can lead clutch drives if the D keeps it close.
i actually don't have a problem with Tebow starting this season, i just think long term Sanchez is at least possible and i don't think Tebow is. I just think of my team (the Giants) and how easily we could stop a Tebow led offense with the speed on our line and by scheming against him. Could a team be built around him? My question is why would someone try?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote