View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:53 AM   #108
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why is the United States so much better at basketball than the rest of the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Barely better with over 300million population than a country with under 3millions ? Wouldn't be proud...

I think you're underrating the depth of talent in the United States.

We sent our b-squad to win the FIBA Championships, and were missing key players in the last Olympics. Even a roster consisting of the 3rd or 4th best rosters we could compile (top 50ish U.S. players) would probably be the favorite in any international competition.

Spain has a great team right now, no doubt, but I question whether or not they will be able to fill the shoes of players like the Gasol Brothers when they retire... while I have little doubt the U.S. will continue to produce top level Basketball talent.

Again, no disrespect to Basketball countries like Lithuania, Argentina, and Spain... I just wanted to point out that while those teams can put together a competitive team, they certainly don't have the depth of the United States.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote