View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #31
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Thing is, Jordan didn't have a perfect career. He failed multiple times before he started winning. Probably the two players who have had anything close to "perfect" careers are Bill Russell and Magic.

How does Magic have a more perfect career than Jordan ?

Jordan has more individual awards, rings, accolades, and had more impressive title runs by 3-peating with 2 completely different teams.

And when you say Jordan failed multiple times before he started winning... these were the teams he lost too in his career in the playoffs:

1985 Bucks: Very good team
1986 Celtics: One of the greatest teams of all-time, NBA Champions
1987 Celtics: NBA Finalist, great team
1988 Pistons: NBA Finalist
1989 Pistons: One of the greatest teams of all-time, NBA Champions
1990 Pistons: NBA Champions
1995 Magic: NBA Finalist

Also, Jordan had less help than Magic did when he started of his career. Magic started his career with reigning 5-time MVP in Kareem, better than any player Jordan ever played with. I get what your saying if your talking clearly about winning and getting to the Finals... then I understand. I just don't think he had a better career than Jordan overall.

I agree with Bill Russell, though. While, many people exaggerate his HOF's... truth is, if it wasn't for his greatness and the legendary 8-peat, more than half of them don't make it in the HOF. Bob Cousy and John Havlicek would the only ones considered to get in the HOF because of their individual play and pioneering/legacy.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote