View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #35
LakersReign
Banned

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip
I've said this before and I will keep saying it. Basketball personalities (i.e. coaches and former players) do not determine greatness the way fans do. As fans we go to b-ball reference and see how many titles, "rings as the man", MVPs, all defensive teams, statistical titles, and other accolades a player has and then access greatness. Basketball personalities don't do that. They don't say, "Well player X has 2 more "titles as 'the man' and one more MVP than player Y. So player X is better." That's just not what they do. Obviously a player has to have had an impressive career, but b-ball personalities weigh heavily their perceptions of players' "on the court" display of talent and abilities probably more than a couple of additional notches added to the players' resume".

No reasonable NBA fan does that, cuz there's no "special wing" in the HOF for titles like that. It's either a title or nothing. That's something bandwagon Lebron fans do, to try and diminish Kobe's career. Nice try though
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote