View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #63
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

Default Re: Royce White: Releases Statement - Wants Private Bus At Times

Quote:
Royce White has positive meeting with Rockets

By Brett Hein on Oct 4, 8:03a
Houston Rockets rookie forward Royce White met with team officials on Wednesday night, which is reported to have gone "well," according to FOX 26 in Houston. White has been absent from training camp in a continued battle with his widely publicized anxiety issues.

The station's report also says that White is not set to join the Rockets' training camp, but will try to join the team at a later date.

White, the no. 16 overall pick of the 2012 draft, also released a statement through his publicist in which he says he has asked for help and will continue to champion understanding for mental illness:

"For me, hiding is no longer a healthy option in treating my anxiety or OCD, so I have asked for some help from the organization to ensure long-term health for myself ...

"It is regrettable that I cannot be currently present, but long term health obviously should be the most important thing. I will continue to champion the cause for mental illness being met with understanding; if not, the ramifications are dangerous."

A tweet from White even later in the night confirmed the report that the meeting went well:

There is nothing but very positive strides being taken right now between I and the @houstonrockets to support health. Thank You! #Rockets

— Royce White (@Highway_30) October 4, 2012

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/10/...ockets-meeting
daily is offline   Reply With Quote