View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #74
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Default Re: Royce White: Releases Statement - Wants Private Bus At Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Any college basketball/draft experts here, how much did his OCD/Anxiety issues hurt his draft stock compared to where he was picked at 16?
First of all I don't think you could call anyone here an expert. But as someone who did follow his basketball career he was a definite top 10 perhaps even a top 5 prospect. People have compared him to a guy cut out of the mold of a Charles Barkley but taller and more properly filled out.

edit: in doing a quick google search I found that it seems he actually did ask teams about whether they would accomodate him or not with the whole bus thing prior to the draft. I'm unsure though of what exactly he told the rockets organization.

Quote:
In sit-downs with White, however, NBA officials have warned that the pros will be less accommodating. The Heat told him that he wouldn't be allowed to drive even the four hours to Orlando. "It's understandable," White says. "But in my head, I'm going, You want me to drive. You're paying me millions of dollars to perform.... We're not all alike."

So that does makes sense to me why he would be emphasizing the disability part of it. For them to not even give him the option.

Last edited by lilbeastnani : 10-05-2012 at 01:19 AM.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote