View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #311
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
What was hypothetical about what I said? I just pointed out the makeup of the league was different from '08-'10
I think there was one super team from 2008 - 2010, that being the Celtics. They didn't dominate in 2009 because of KG being injured, but I really think that team is what set this whole chain of events into motion.

I think the Lakers even more stacked roster in 2010 compared to 2009 also sparked the birth of the "superteam era" ...

Think about it, LeBron and Wade had no chance of getting past the Celtics with the rosters they had. They couldn't even get out of the ECF, and then they saw out in the WCF when Kobe got gifted Gasol in 2008 for nothing, then they added a healthy Bynum and snagged Ron Artest, with Lamar Odom being their 6th man.

They had no choice but to respond with escalation by teaming up. And it's probably a good thing they did given OKC's evolution, and the now current Lakers super team.

Do you agree?
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote