View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #312
red1
#realtalk

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
I think there was one super team from 2008 - 2010, that being the Celtics. They didn't dominate in 2009 because of KG being injured, but I really think that team is what set this whole chain of events into motion.

I think the Lakers even more stacked roster in 2010 compared to 2009 also sparked the birth of the "superteam era" ...

Think about it, LeBron and Wade had no chance of getting past the Celtics with the rosters they had. They couldn't even get out of the ECF, and then they saw out in the WCF when Kobe got gifted Gasol in 2008 for nothing, then they added a healthy Bynum and snagged Ron Artest, with Lamar Odom being their 6th man.

They had no choice but to respond with escalation by teaming up. And it's probably a good thing they did given OKC's evolution, and the now current Lakers super team.

Do you agree?
This definitely was running through minds of the 2010 free agents. The nba was literally a two team league. Could you imagine the 2010 cavs going up against the 2013 lakers? This is also one of the reasons why the 2011 mavs team deserves more props.
red1 is online now   Reply With Quote