View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default NBA 2K13 'ASSOCIATION MODE' Discussion

I can't be the only one that spends the vast majority of their 2k-time running Associations, either short- or long-term.... so lets have a thread dedicated to sharing their past/current associations, plans for future associations, or simply general discussion on what I consider to be the most valuable and replayable feature of the NBA 2k series.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I chose the T-Wolves to be my first Association team of NBA 2k13, due to their established pieces, cap flexibility, and personal rooting interest because of hailing from Minnesota myself.

Early moves:

- Drop J.J. Barea's $5+ million contract in a salary dump with Portland for a future 2nd rounder

- Decided to trade Kirilenko and his $20mil/2 year contract for a future 2nd rounder.... and sign Terrence Williams to a roughly 4-year $20 million. Basically swapped out for a younger player at half the cost with more potential.

- Signed Sherron Collins as a 3rd point guard for 4 years $4.6 million.... I did this in pretty much every association in 2k12. He's young, fits the role, and is pretty decent when you get him on the court in limited minutes.

- Signed Anthony Tolliver as a 5th big for one-year, $650k. Again, solid bench player that is decently playable in the game.

PG: Ricky Rubio - Luke Ridnour - Sherron Collins
SG: Brandon Roy - Malcom Lee
SF: Terrence Williams - Chase Budinger - Dante Cunningham
PF: Kevin Love - Derrick Williams
C: Nikola Pekovic - Greg Stiemsma - Desagna Diop

Moving forward I will be developing Rubio's shooting, Malcom Lee's offensive game, and the overall games of Terrence Williams and Derrick Williams.

By the end of the season, I will likely trade Pekovic so as to not have to break the bank extending his contract and to possibly lose him in unrestricted free agency next summer. I also might trade Roy while his value is high for either a 1st rounder or a young big... as long as T-Will can move to SG and D-Will can enter the starting lineup as a SF.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote