View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: David Robinson Greatest Games: 50 Points vs Minnesota (1994)

I really appreciate this thread and upload. This is like a gold mine to me. It was kind of tough at times being a huge David Robinson fan in Detroit growing up. In the mid-90's, any team besides the Bulls, Magic, Knicks, Lakers, and hometown Pistons seemed more or less ignored on TV. I had to rely on Sportscenter highlights, nationally televised games and newspapers for proper Spurs coverage. It didn't really give me much, though I do remember seeing the three pointer in this T-Wolves game on Sportscenter. It's pretty awesome to see all the clips from a game I knew of but more or less had never seen.

Anyway, I usually have a tough time talking about my favorite players because I know anything I say is undoubtedly going to contain bias. However, I recommend watching at the 4:20 mark of the clip in the first post. I ask this honestly (and not rhetorically), what other centers in history could run the way Robinson does after that steal? When I was young I used to read how he ran like a guard but I always took it as an exaggeration. Watching games back then I apparently didn't notice. Looking back now though... good grief.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote