View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #54
Owl
Local High School Star

Default Re: Do some people really think Larry Bird couldn't dominate like he did, in this era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
Evidence? Ever played basketball? I know dudes that injured their fingers badly, crooked fingers after, and all of them were shooting as before. You don't go through that kind of injury like nothing.

Acting like FT% is everything to determine if you're a really great shooter or if improved your shooting.
No, not "you use your fingers shooting so hurting them hurts your shooting". Evidence.

FT% is the purest indication of ones shooting. If you had a better measure show it. One that isn't affected by the quality of defense faced.

I'm not "acting like FT% is everything" I'm asking you to show that there's something better. You said "some say he was a better shooter in college" and I say I don't think there's the evidence to back up that claim. Then you assert that having an ugly looking hand prevents good free throw shooting. That's not evidence that he was a better shooter, and I've shown numbers that would seem to indicate he was worse in college. Feel free to show otherwise. But you haven't done so.
Owl is offline   Reply With Quote