View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #26
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Anxiety/Depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
I'm prescribed klonopin regularly now for anxiety in general now and another drug that is one of the old TCA that is supposed to work good for OCD and anxiety I just started, so we'll see if it helps,

Be careful w/ that stuff. Even if only taken as prescribed, coming off of it is NOT fun. Klonopin has a very long half-life, and once your body is used to it, you are for all intents and purposes an addict.

Meanwhile, Benzo's (especially the ones w/ long half life) have some of the worst withdrawal symptoms of any substance. If you take it regularly for more than a few months you will be hooked, and should you have to come off of it for any reason you will experience a living hell.

-Spoken from personal experience:

I was first given Klonopin to treat generalized anxiety and hyper self-consciousness. All it took was 2-3 months of taking it as prescribed, and my body was "addicted". Then I had to be taken off it due to some unwanted side-effects, and went through a solid 2+ months of torture, even with being weaned off the stuff gradually...those were quite possible the worst few months of my life.

Last edited by FatComputerNerd : 10-10-2012 at 08:14 AM.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote