View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lebron "Clutchness": Let's take a walk down the memory lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
So what is there left for Lebron to accomplish? He clearly isn't very good according to you.

Somehow hes managed to win a title, 3 MVP's, finals MVP, numerous all NBA and defensive selections... Weird.
I never said he wasn't very good. I've always said he's the number 1 player in the league now.

But on a personal level, what is there for him to accomplish? I would want to see him win a champion with just 1 other star, either Wade or Bosh. That way I can view him as a true champion, instead of someone who just stacked and took the easy shortcut.

Sure, you point toward other "Superteams" since 2000. Let's take a look:
Lakers 2004: Shaq, Kobe, Payton, Malone
Celtics 2008: Garnett, Ray, Pierce
Lakers 2012: Kobe, Dwight, Gasol, Nash

You see what these superteams had in common? If a team collected so many stars.. then usually it's because some of them are already old, and are playing different roles. Payton and Malone were old. All Celtics big 3 were in their 30's and had a small window of opportunity. Kobe and Nash are both nearing the end of their careers.

But this team Lebron in on? 3 guys on their primes? I would personally, very much like to see Lebron bring a team with only 1 other star to the championship. Otherwise, he's got the stats and everything, but he hasn't showed he's at THAT level. Top 10, championship level.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote