View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lebron "Clutchness": Let's take a walk down the memory lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
I never said he wasn't very good. I've always said he's the number 1 player in the league now.

But on a personal level, what is there for him to accomplish? I would want to see him win a champion with just 1 other star, either Wade or Bosh. That way I can view him as a true champion, instead of someone who just stacked and took the easy shortcut.

Sure, you point toward other "Superteams" since 2000. Let's take a look:
Lakers 2004: Shaq, Kobe, Payton, Malone
Celtics 2008: Garnett, Ray, Pierce
Lakers 2012: Kobe, Dwight, Gasol, Nash

You see what these superteams had in common? If a team collected so many stars.. then usually it's because some of them are already old, and are playing different roles. Payton and Malone were old. All Celtics big 3 were in their 30's and had a small window of opportunity. Kobe and Nash are both nearing the end of their careers.

But this team Lebron in on? 3 guys on their primes? I would personally, very much like to see Lebron bring a team with only 1 other star to the championship. Otherwise, he's got the stats and everything, but he hasn't showed he's at THAT level. Top 10, championship level.

So you want him to shoo away teammates? So you can start the 'Lebron is a bad teammate' thread?
Different roles? Have you not watched the Heat? Have you noticed Bosh doesn't play inside as much as he used to? Or that Wade is much more post oriented? Lebron too, handling the ball much less.

Paul Pierce was pretty much the same age Wade was when they formed a super team, and he wasn't even the best player on his super team. So what you're saying is, they should abide by your arbitrary, made up age of when they are allowed to join together?

Clearly they took the shortcut. I mean look at that 2004 Lakers team. They strolled to a championship. Oh wait... People act as if having the most talent is a lock for a championship. Look how stacked a team like Barcelona and Real Madrid are in football, and they don't win or make the Champions League final every year.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote