View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: [VIDEO] Elgin Baylor: "The [Old School] Clinic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I started on a Bill russell video years ago that was nothing but offense because of something I heard John Havlicek say. Found a number of turnaround jumpers on Wilt and some nice post moves and passes and transition plays. Its one of probably 30 I just have half finished on some hard drive.

Anyway...I plan to watch this just not right now.
If you ever plan on finishing the vid please upload! - your vids are some of my first experiences watching old school legends I always enjoy watching them. Russell also had left and right handed hook shots some with low arc some with high arc (not sure if that's deliberate touch or just a result of him being somewhat raw offensively) - in my 1963 finals game highlight of him he hits it right handed deep in the lowpost (thats his off hand) and he also makes it ambidextrous from 12+ feet in his 1966 Royals playoff footage. He runs the floor many times in games straight off the rebound - these days I would say he was definitely underrated offensively because of his fg% and low volume on a statsheet - it doesn't do his footage justice because he appears to have a nice variety of moves and an almost unmatched ability as a big man to "handle" the ball up the court (again with both hands).
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote