View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #24
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is this a crazy perspective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
By whom? To whom do you give this power over the creation of life? The government is already way too involved in our personal business.

WTF is up with this board? Being liberal and left-leaning is one thing but to start advocating autocratic methods to bring about the greater good is just downright scary.

As odd as it sounds, i'm actually surprised more people aren't supportive of this idea. There is the obvious problem of figuring out how it would be regulated and by whom, but at the least the idea itself is a good one. If you automatically feel something can't work due to how our government operates today, then of course it seems like a bad idea. But lets assume this idea is just one step in the many steps we take to reshaping our world.

Creating life should not be an ability we take lightly. We abuse it the same way we abuse anything that comes easy in this world, to the point where it becomes a detriment to ourselves and others, as well as the only planet we can call home. This is what procreating has become, an abuse on others.

As much as people complain about welfare recipients and others not carrying their share of the load in this country or that country, i'd expect them to want to do anything to create a peaceful end to these problems. It seems most would rather we take away all the welfare and need of government and just have a wild west shoot out, as oppose to a solution where most of the population isn'r down trotted, depressed and hungry.

I could see if my idea was to limit it to certain races or something limited in that nature, but its not. People would just need to prove they are fit to be parents, guide and take care of their child. The majority of children born into the world today aren't born from parents that have the ability to care for the child, which results in a bad upbringing, in which the world around that individual suffers the consequences.

Last edited by Loneshot : 10-11-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote