Thread: MLB Thread 2012
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #3342
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Trout had 3 insanely good months and 2 merely "good" months. Then in a tiny sample in at the end of Sept and October he started hitting incredibly well again. Who is to say that wasn't going to continue if the season went another 2 months? But why are we working with such arbitrary end points anyways?

Also, If Trout's "slump" is a very good .257/.380/.455 line (September) then it just tells you how incredibly good he was this year. Best player in the entire league by far this season.

Regressing as a rookie after everyone has seen you, I'll just use Tiger examples i.e. Galarraga-Shelton-Boesch, is different than a slump.

It's possible, and likely, that Trout is just a really good overall player who hits 270.

The fact you guys want to fight this in the face of a ton of history showing rookies taking a precipitous drop following one go-through the majors is hilarious. Trout is awesome, but he's not a 320 ba 400 obp offensive player. He hit 250 in September so I'm not sure what up turn you're talking about.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote