Thread: MLB Thread 2012
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #3387
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: MLB Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Isn't he only playing at first so much this year so he rests his ankle? Similar to the Joe Mauer situation? Or am I completely wrong?
Yes and no. They did want to relieve him at catcher to help alleviate some of the pain from his collision last year, but plain and simple Zito felt more comfortable with Sanchez behind the dish, which is why he caught a vast majority of his starts. It made fans frustrated because when Belt was hot and the Dodgers were close, Bochy had to mess around with the lineup sometimes having to take a hot bat out because Zito couldn't throw to Posey.

I don't know if that trend will continue or not, I'm not saying Posey can't get to Trout's value level but based on this one season where he didn't play a quarter of his team's games at catcher its hard to try to put him up on that level.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote